A moist, dense, chewy, dessert-style cake. The flavors are even better the second day.
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup lightly salted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 20-oz can crushed pineapple in juice
3/4 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter for 5 minutes. Mixture will become light and fluffy, and the color will lighten.
2. Beat in sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients on low speed until just combined. Batter will be thick.
4. Stir in pineapple with juice, and coconut.
5. Pour into two greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
6. Bake at 350 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.
7. Frost with CakeBoss Cream Cheese Frosting
and garnish as desired with fresh pineapple slices, strawberries, maraschino cherries, flaked coconut, or macadamia nuts.