Recipe for CakeBoss's Applesauce Pecan Bread
2 cups All-Purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (lightly salted)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
Preheat oven to 350(F). Grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Cream butter and both sugars til light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
4. Stir half of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, then half the applesauce. Repeat.
5. Fold nuts into batter.
6. Pour batter into greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
7. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack until completely cooled. Freezes well.