Recipe for CakeBoss's Buttercream
1 cup Crisco
1 cup lightly salted butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp meringue powder
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 tsp butter flavoring
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp orange extract
2 lbs (about 8 cups) powdered sugar (Reputable brand like C&H or
Store brands NOT recommended)
4-6 Tbsp water (depending on consistency desired)
1/4 tsp table salt
1. Measure water, put in small cup and add salt. Stir to dissolve.
2. In large bowl (standing mixer recommended), mix butter and Crisco on low until combined.
3. Add meringue powder and all flavorings and extracts. Mix on low to combine.
4. Add powdered sugar gradually, still mixing on low.
5. Gradually add salted water and mix on low for 1-2 minutes until well combined,
scraping paddle and sides of bowl as necessary.
Makes a creamy, off-white colored icing. Add a VERY TINY bit of violet coloring
to bring back closer to white!