16.25 oz box of Pillsbury or Betty Crocker White or Vanilla cake mix
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp cake flour (NOT all-purpose flour)
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup melted butter (lightly salted)
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract (optional)
1. In a large bowl, put water, extract (if using), eggs, melted butter and sour cream. Mix well with paddle attachment.
2. Add cake mix, sugar, cake flour, and salt.
3. Mix with paddle attachment at medium speed for approximately 2 minutes, or until most lumps are worked out. It is not necessary to work out all the lumps.
4. Pour into prepared pans and bake at 325 until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a crumb or two clinging to it. For two 8" or 9" rounds this is around 40 minutes, but every oven is different. Your cake is getting close to done when you can smell it. If it looks close I like to give the rack a little shake. If the center jiggles at all, it's not ready. If it doesn't jiggle, go ahead and test with the toothpick.
5. Cool for 7-10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto cooling rack. If you experience problems with sticking, you may wish to line your baking pans with parchment paper.
Shown torted and filled with CakeBoss Seedless Raspberry Filling
Your purchase is backed by our 30 day money-back guarantee. If CakeBoss isn't for you, we'll refund your purchase, no questions asked.
CakeBoss Software is a one-of-a-kind software, developed by a home baker, for home bakers. CakeBoss is your business's best friend. From order management, to invoicing, to scheduling, to costing out recipes and fairly pricing your goods, CakeBoss handles it all!
Customer satisfaction and support is our #1 priority. We respond to emails within one business day, Monday - Friday.
Masters Software, Inc.
1841 S. Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 101
Cedar Park, TX 78613