Last Modified: May 23, 2018
This is a contract between you (the Customer) and us (CakeBoss). It describes the services we will provide to you, how we will work together, and other aspects of our business relationship. These terms are so important that we cannot provide our products and services to you unless you agree to them. By using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services, you are agreeing to these terms.
We periodically update these terms. If you have an active CakeBoss Cloud subscription, we will let you know when we do via an email or in-app notification.
Finally, we know legal terms can sometimes be difficult to navigate, so we wanted to give you a roadmap of the Agreement:
• A. DEFINITIONS. This is where we provide the detail on what the key defined terms in the Agreement mean.
• B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS. Here’s where you can find the basics about how our Subscription Service and Consulting Services are provided. For example, you can find information on access and acceptable use. These terms apply to all of our products and service offerings.
• C. SUBSCRIPTION TERMS. Customers of ours subscribe to use our software, and there are some fundamental terms that apply to each subscription.
• D. PRODUCT DISCLOSURES. We offer several different products and there are some important things to know before you use them. We’ve collected these important things to know and you can find them here.
• E. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS. As we mention above, this is a contract, and contracts are filled with legal terms. In this section, we’ve collected the many of the remaining legal terms that make up our Customer Terms of Service.
"Agreement" means these Customer Terms of Service and all materials referred or linked to in here.
“Paid Users” means those types of Users (defined below) for which we charge you fees.
"Communication Services" means third-party forums, online communities, blogs, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other social media communication facilities (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) linked to or from the Subscription Service that enable you to communicate with the public or with a private group.
“Confidential Information” means all information provided by you or us ("Discloser") to the other (“Receiver”), whether orally or in writing that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information will include Customer Data and information about the Discloser’s business plans, technical data, and the terms of the Order. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
"Contact" means a single individual (other than a User) whose Contact Information is stored by you in the Subscription Service.
"Contact Information" means the name, email address, phone number, online user name(s), telephone number, and similar information uploaded by you to the Subscription Service.
"Consulting Services" means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, installation, integration or other consulting services.
"Customer Data" means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service.
“Free Services” means the Subscription Service or other products or features made available by us to you on an unpaid trial or free basis.
"CakeBoss Content" means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services.
"Order" or "Order Form" means the CakeBoss-approved form or online subscription process by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and purchase Consulting Services. Most Orders are completed through our online payment process or via in-app purchase.
"Sensitive Information" means (a) credit or debit card numbers; personal financial account information; Social Security numbers or local equivalents; passport numbers; driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers; passwords; racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health condition or information; or other employment, financial or health information, including any information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, and other regulations, laws or industry standards designed to protect similar information; and (b) any information defined under EU data protection laws as ‘Sensitive Personal Data’.
"Subscription Fee" means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
"Subscription Service" means all of our tools and platforms that you have subscribed to by an Order Form or that we otherwise make available to you, and are developed, operated, and maintained by us, accessible via http://CakeBoss.com or another designated URL, and any ancillary products and services, that we provide to you.
"Subscription Term" means the initial term of your subscription to the applicable Subscription Service, as specified on your Order Form(s), and each subsequent renewal term (if any). For Free Services, the Subscription Term will be the period during which you have an account to access the Free Services.
"Third-Party Products" means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which interoperate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service. These products and services include non-CakeBoss apps available from, for example, PayPal.
"Users" means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit.
"CakeBoss", "we", "us" or “our” means the applicable contracting entity as specified in the ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’ section.
"You", "your" or “Customer” means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, online subscription process, or Order Form as the customer.
B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS
1. Access. During the Subscription Term, we will provide you access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement and the applicable Order.
2. Additional Features. You may subscribe to additional features of the Subscription Service by placing an additional Order or activating the additional features from within your CakeBoss account (if this option is made available by us.). This Agreement will apply to all additional Order(s) and all additional features that you activate from within your CakeBoss account.
3. Availability. We try to make the Subscription Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for planned down-time for maintenance.
4. Consulting Services. You may purchase Consulting Services by placing an Order with us. Unless we otherwise agree, the Consulting Services we provide will be delivered in English. Fees for these Consulting Services are in addition to your Subscription Fee. If you purchase Consulting Services that recur, they will be considered part of your subscription and will renew in accordance with your subscription.
All Consulting Services are performed remotely, unless you and we otherwise agree.
For Consulting Services performed on-site, you will reimburse us our reasonable costs for all expenses incurred in connection with the Consulting Services. Any invoices or other requests for reimbursements will be due and payable within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice.
If there are a specific number of hours included in the Consulting Services purchased, those hours will expire as indicated in the applicable description, which expiration period will commence upon purchase (the “Expiration Period”). If there are deliverables included in the Consulting Services purchased, it is estimated that those deliverables will be completed within the time period indicated as the delivery period in the applicable description, which delivery period will commence upon purchase (the “Delivery Period”). If there is no Expiration Period or Delivery Period indicated, then it will be one hundred and eighty (180) days from purchase. If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to your failure to make the necessary resources available to us or to perform your obligations, such Consulting Services will be deemed to be complete at the end of the Delivery Period. If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to our failure to make the necessary resources available to you or to perform our obligations, the Delivery Period will be extended to allow us to complete such Consulting Services.
Consulting Services are non-cancellable and all fees for Consulting Services are non-refundable.
5. Fees and Payments
a. Subscription Fees. The Subscription Fee will remain fixed during the Subscription Term.
b. Payment by PayPal. You authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
c. Payment Information. You will keep your contact information up to date. Changes may be made on your My Bakery page within your CakeBoss account. All payment obligations are non-cancellable and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term.
d. Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Subscription Service and performance of Consulting Services. You shall have no liability for any taxes based upon our gross revenues or net income. If you are located in the European Union, all fees are exclusive of any VAT and you represent that you are registered for VAT purposes in your member state. At our request, you will provide us with the VAT registration number under which you are registered in your member state. If you are subject to GST, all fees are exclusive of GST. If you are required to deduct or withhold any tax, you must pay the amount deducted or withheld as required by law and pay us an additional amount so that we receive payment in full as if there were no deduction or withholding.
6. Use and Limitations of Use
a. Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You will not (i) use or launch any automated system, including, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional browser; (ii) use the Subscription Service in any manner that damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any of our websites or interferes with any other party's use of the Subscription Service; (iii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Subscription Service; (iv) access the Subscription Service other than through our interface; or (v) use the Subscription Service for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
You may not use the Subscription Service if you are legally prohibited from receiving or using the Subscription Service under the laws of the country in which you are resident or from which you access or use the Subscription Service. The Subscription Service is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), so you may not use the Subscription Service where your communications would be subject to such laws. You agree not to use data from the Subscription Service in legal proceedings or otherwise as evidence.
You will notify us right away of any unauthorized use of your Users’ identifications and passwords or your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
b. No Sensitive Information. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT, MANAGE OR PROCESS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT OR MANAGE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
7. Subscription Term, Termination, Suspension, Abandonment
a. Term and Renewal. Your initial subscription period is one year, and your subscription will not automatically renew.
The renewal pricing set forth in your Order will apply, subject to adjustment as specified in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above. If renewal pricing is not included in your Order, then our standard pricing available on our web site on the date of renewal will apply.
b. Early Termination; Refunds. The Subscription Term is cancellable by the user within thirty (30) days of original purchase. Cancellations made by the user within thirty (30) days of original purchase are fully refundable by CakeBoss. After thirty (30) days of original purchase, no refunds of any type will be issued.
c. Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause, as to any or all Subscription Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers. This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
d. Suspension for Prohibited Acts. We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Subscription Services without notice for: (i) use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement, (ii) use of the CakeBoss email send service that results in excessive hard bounces, SPAM complaints via feedback loops, direct spam complaints (to our support desk), or requests for removal from a mailing list by recipients, or (iii) repeated instances of posting or uploading material that infringes or is alleged to infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any person or entity. We may, without notice, review, edit and delete any Customer Data or Customer Materials that we determine in good faith violate these terms provided that, we have no duty to prescreen, control, monitor or edit your Customer Data or Customer Materials.
e. Suspension for Non-Payment. We will provide you with notice of non-payment of any amount due. Unless the full amount has been paid, we may suspend your access to any or all of the Subscription Services seven (7) days after such notice. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If a Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
f. Suspension and Termination of Free Services. We may suspend, limit, or terminate the Free Services for any reason at any time without notice. We may terminate your subscription to the Free Services due to your inactivity.
g. Effect of Termination or Expiration. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the affected Subscription Service and CakeBoss Content. We may or may not provide you the opportunity to retrieve Customer Data after termination or expiration.
h. Abandonment. CakeBoss Cloud accounts more than 90 days delinquent past their annual renewal date will be considered abandoned by the customer and will be deleted. We will always make a reasonable attempt to contact the customer before deleting an account. This action is permanent and cannot be undone.
C. SUBSCRIPTION TYPE TERMS
1. Subscription Types. We offer one type of subscriptions: Full-Service Subscriptions, which provide access to all CakeBoss features exclusive of the optional paid PayPal module.
2. Limits. You must be 18 years of age (or 20 years of age, if you are subject to the laws of Japan) or older to use the Subscription Service.
3. Modifications. We modify the Subscription Service from time to time, including by adding or deleting features and functions, in an effort to improve your experience. We will not make changes to the Subscription Service that materially reduce the functionality provided to you during the Subscription Term.
4. Customer Support. If you pay us a Subscription Fee, email and in-app support is included at no additional cost. Email and in-app questions can be submitted through the Support Request icon on your Home page, or following the link at http://www.cakeboss.com/Support/Contact-Us. Email and in-app responses are provided during normal business hours only. We attempt to respond to email and in-app support questions within one business day; in practice, our responses are generally even faster. We do not promise or guarantee any specific response time.
5. Notice of Non-Renewal. Your CakeBoss account does not auto-renew. One week prior to your expiration date, you will receive in-app notifications regarding your expiration date. You can find this date on your My Bakery screen at the bottom of the right column. We will send you an email the day your subscription expires, notifying you that it is time to renew. From the time your subscription expires, you have a seven (7) day grace period to continue accessing your account without payment. If payment is not received by day seven (7) after expiration, access to your account will be restricted until the subscription is renewed.
6. Retrieval of Customer Data. At any time, you can export your Customer Data using in-app options via the Customers menu. Other data, such as recipes and reports, is exportable in a variety of formats at your convenience.
D. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
1. Customer Data
b. Aggregate Data. We may monitor use of the Subscription Service by all of our customers and use the data gathered in an aggregate and anonymous manner. You agree that we may use and publish such information, provided that such information does not incorporate any Customer Data and/or identify you.
c. Safeguards. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Customer Data. You consent to the processing of Customer Data in the United States.
2. CakeBoss’s Proprietary Rights. This is an Agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any), and we retain all ownership rights to them. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the CakeBoss Content, the Subscription Service, or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us
We encourage all customers to comment on the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, provide suggestions for improving it, and vote on suggestions they like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, without payment or attribution to you.
3. Customer’s Proprietary Rights. As between the parties, you own and retain all rights to the Customer Materials and Customer Data. This Agreement does not grant us any ownership rights to Customer Materials or Customer Data. You grant permission to us and our licensors to use the Customer Materials and Customer Data only as necessary to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and as permitted by this Agreement. If you are using the Subscription Service or receiving Consulting Services on behalf of another party, then you represent and warrant that you have all sufficient and necessary rights and permissions to do so.
4. Confidentiality. The Receiver will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature, but with no less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (except our third party service providers), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information to its employees, contractors, advisors and agents. Upon notice to the Discloser, the Receiver may disclose Confidential Information if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
5. Publicity. You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website, unless you notify us in writing that you object.
6. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an "Action") brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you, (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, or (d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information. We will: notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
7. Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
a. Disclaimer of Warranties. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, DATA MADE AVAILABLE FROM THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, CAKEBOSS CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, CAKEBOSS CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
c. Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF FIVE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS OR THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM.
d. Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
e. Agreement to Liability Limit. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
a. Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of these Customer Terms of Service, including the fees and charges associated with the use of the Subscription Service (but, your fees and charges won’t change during the Subscription Term except as we explain in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above.) If we update or change these Customer Terms of Service, the updated Customer Terms of Service will be posted at CakeBoss.com and we will let you know via email or in-app notification. The updated Customer Terms of Service will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change these Customer Terms of Service, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review these Customer Terms of Service periodically.
If you do not agree with a modification to the Customer Terms of Service, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of modification. If you give us this notice, your subscription will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Customer Terms of Service prior to modification for the remainder of your current term. Upon renewal, the Customer Terms of Service published by us on our website will apply.
No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
b. Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
c. Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
d. Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
e. Compliance with Laws. We will comply with all U.S. state and federal laws (where applicable) in our provision of the Subscription Service, the Consulting Services and our processing of Customer Data. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, including any applicable export laws. You must comply with all applicable laws related to the recording of phone calls and ensure all proper consent to record is obtained prior to making any such recording. You will comply with the sanctions programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Subscription Service or Consulting Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
f. Severability. If any part of this Agreement or an Order Form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect.
g. Notices. Notice will be sent to the contact address set forth herein, and will be deemed delivered as of the date of actual receipt.
To Masters Software/CakeBoss, 1841 S. Lakeline Blvd. Ste. 101 Box 192, Cedar Park, TX 78613, USA.
To you: your address as provided in our CakeBoss Subscription account information for you. We may give electronic notices by general notice via the Subscription Service and may give electronic notices specific to you by email to your e-mail address(es) on record in our account information for you. We may give notice to you by telephone calls to the telephone numbers on record in our account information for you. You must keep all of your account information current.
i. Assignment. You will not assign or transfer this Agreement, including any assignment or transfer by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of your assets, change of control or operation of law, without our prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. We may assign this Agreement to any affiliate or in the event of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, change of control or operation of law.
j. No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any third party person or entity any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
k. Contract for Services. This Agreement is a contract for the provision of services and not a contract for the sale of goods. The provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA), or any substantially similar legislation as may be enacted, shall not apply to this Agreement. If you are located outside of the territory of the United States, the parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not govern this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.
l. Authority. Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
m. Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: 'Definitions’, ‘Fees and Payments’, 'Prohibited and Unauthorized Use', ‘No Early Termination; No Refunds’, ‘Termination for Cause’, ‘Suspension for Prohibited Acts’, ‘Suspension for Non-Payment’, ‘Suspension for Present Harm’, ‘Suspension and Termination of Free Services’, ‘Effect of Termination or Expiration’, ‘Retrieval of Customer Data’, ‘Crowdsourced Data’, ‘Alpha/Beta Services’, ‘CakeBoss’s Proprietary Rights’, ‘Customer’s Proprietary Rights’, 'Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Miscellaneous’ and ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’.
n. Precedence. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and an Order, the terms of the Order shall control, but only as to that Order.
E. JURISDICTION SPECIFIC TERMS
1. Contracting Entity and Applicable Law. You are contracting with Masters Software Inc./CakeBoss, and this Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas without reference to conflicts of law principles. For contracts with Masters Software, Inc./CakeBoss, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in Williamson County, Texas, U.S.A. for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Subscription Service or the Consulting Services.
2. EU/EEA and Switzerland Data Processing.
To the extent that CakeBoss processes any Personal Data as part of Customer Data that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), on Customer’s behalf, in the provision of the services hereunder, the terms of the CakeBoss Data Processing Agreement, which are hereby incorporated by reference, shall apply. For customers that are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, attached to the Data Processing Agreement, with CakeBoss, Inc., which provide adequate safeguards with respect to the personal data processed by us under this Agreement and pursuant to the provisions of our Data Processing Agreement apply. You acknowledge in all cases that CakeBoss acts as the data processor of Customer Data and you are the data controller of Customer Data under applicable data protection regulations in the European Union and European Economic Area. Customer will obtain and maintain any required consents necessary to permit the processing of Customer Data under this Agreement. If you are subject to the GDPR you understand that if you give an integration provider access to your CakeBoss account, you serve as the data controller of such information and the integration provider serves as the data processor for the purposes of those data laws and regulations that apply to you. In no case are such integration providers our sub-processors.
CakeBoss Software is a one-of-a-kind software, developed by a home baker, for home bakers. CakeBoss is your business's best friend. From order management, to invoicing, to scheduling, to costing out recipes and fairly pricing your goods, CakeBoss handles it all!
Customer satisfaction and support is our #1 priority. We respond to emails within one business day, Monday - Friday.
Masters Software, Inc.
1841 S. Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 101
Cedar Park, TX 78613